Have you been chosen as your Club's RYLA (Rotary Youth Leadership Awards) contact? Here's what you need to do to make this year's RYLA a success:
- Get a commitment from your board regarding the # of delegates they will be sponsoring.
- Reach out to the local high school. If there is an Interact Club, the advisor is a great place to start. If no Interact Club, either the administration or guidance department.
- Explain the program to your contact at the school. We are looking for, primarily juniors. Mature sophomores and a few seniors will be okay. Generally, we have stayed away from seniors because of all going on in their lives preparing for graduation. We decided, since we did not have RYLA this year, open to a few seniors.
- Once you have identified some potential delegates, meet with the candidates to answer questions. The application has a couple pages explaining the program.
- Provide the potential delegates with an application. Give them a date you need it returned. Keep in touch with the delegates and collect the application.
- Once you have received the application submit it to the address on the application.
- Continue to stay in touch with the delegate and the school
- After RYLA, invite the delegates to a meeting to talk about the experience.
Thank you. Let me know if you have questions or need help.
Phil Reed, Chair