Rotary District 7630's Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Rotary District 7630 believes that exemplifying, legitimizing and embracing diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) is a core part of everything we do as current and future Rotarians.
We are committed to opening up communication and discussion between District Leadership and the various clubs of our District as to the importance of understanding, embracing and cultivating DEI within the communities in which we serve in order to realize Rotary's vision of a world where people unite and take action to create a lasting change and impact.
THE MEANING OF THE THREE WORDS
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI)
ACCORDING TO ROTARY
Diversity: Diversity as the state of being diverse, or different. The practice of quality of including or involving people from a range of different social, ethnic backgrounds and of different genders, sexual orientations, etc.
Equity: The quality of being fair and impartial. Equity in ensuring that access, resources and opportunities are provided for all to succeed and grow.
Inclusion: An environment that is welcoming to all people regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, age and abilities where everyone is valued, respected and able to reach their full potential.
Rotary District 7630...
- Encourages community partnerships, so that each person has the necessary access to resources, opportunities, network, and support to thrive.
- Believes that all people hold visible and invisible qualities that inherently make them unique and we strive to create an inclusive culture where each person knows they are valued and belong.
- Is committed to being honest and transparent, we about where we are in our DEI journey as an organization and to continuing to learn and do better as inline with our value of integrity.
- Values different cultures, marital statuses, languages spoken, sexual orientations, and gender identities, as well as differences in ideas, thoughts, values and beliefs.
- Recognizes that individuals from certain groups have historically experienced barriers to membership, participation and leadership.
- Is committed to advancing equity in all aspects of Rotary.